Infrared Grills grills have been around for some time now, but a lot of people don’t know about it yet. A company called TEC holds the patent for the infrared grill since 1987 and no other company makes this type of barbecue grill not until the patent expired in early 2000. When other companies started manufacturing their own infrared grills, it brought down prices that many can afford, not in the years where TEC had a sole monopoly of it.
Recently, many manufacturers have installed infrared units in the more traditional gas burners in higher-end barbecues. Both gas and infrared grills use gas for fuel and the only difference is how the heat goes to the cooking surface. The more traditional gas grills have a direct flame that goes to the cooking surface, whereas infrared grills have a burner assembly installed where the heat goes through tiny ports that heat the ceramic plate on top.
Infrared grills generate a much more intense heat than traditional grills. This is a clear advantage to this type of barbecue grill where cooking time is dramatically cut in half compared to other grill types. Most infrared grills available now have only two cooking settings, high and off. Users prefer infrared grills for beef and poultry but would incinerate fish and vegetables. Take note that there is no low setting. Regular grills have the edge in this aspect as there is a broader range of cooking settings available.
Infrared grills did not become popular because people are not sure how it works and if it is effective. Like any new product, it didn’t sell until it became more popular in recent years as more and more households bought the product that slowly secured the confidence of home users.
Technological developments in the product have made gas grills more user-friendly, safe and convenient to use, the whole year-round.
For those who are not familiar yet with infrared grills, it would be good to learn more about what it has to offer to your home and backyard cooking compared to your present grill. As was mentioned earlier in this article, cooking times are greatly reduced, except that it will not be your all-around choice unless you are cooking meats. Another advantage is that there will no longer be the annoying flare-ups common in other barbecue grills. Food is cooked evenly and the taste is preserved as the juices are not dried up. Like gas grills, infrared grills can be used the whole year-round, in any weather and even indoors. Since it cooks food directly, you wouldn’t have to worry about the flames going out or starting one.
Infrared Grills At A Glance:
- Greatly reduced cooking time
- No flare-ups
- Easy to clean
- Can be used across all seasons
- Food is evenly cooked
- High and off settings only
- Not good for fish or vegetables
Top Grill – Best Infrared Grills Reviews
1) Char Broil Infrared Gas Grill Review
Char Broil claimed that they have mastered the engineering of infrared gas grill that is designed to cook mouth-watering and juicy chicken, steaks, burgers and chops in just minutes. The char broil Infrared grill comes with rotisserie designed to cook your barbeque evenly.
The Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 450 Specifications
- Weight: 116 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 54.1-inches wide x 45.5-inches high x 23.4-inches deep.
- 450-square inch cooking surface over porcelain-coated grates
- 150 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Three top-ported tube burners
- BTU Main: 2400 BTU
- BTU Side Burner: 10000 BTU
- Surefire Electronic ignition system
The Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 3-burner gas grill is perfect for those with mid-sized grilling needs. 10,000-BTU side burning features a fold-down cover providing increased space for a work surface or food prep when the side burner is not in use. Features a generous 450 square inch cooking surface and 150 square inch warming rack. The Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill has everything you need to keep you grilling for the long haul, wrapped up in a sleek design.
If you are a busy person, this model can work for you since it is very easy to clean up. Cooking in this equipment is also done in just minutes because of the employment of infrared. Your food will taste really great. Plus you can put wood chips for smoke flavors of your preference.
This model also has a better performance compared to other brands that use infrared and of almost the same prices. This model is also an environment-friendly, perfect for those who are conscious of their environment.
2. Broil King 988847 Sovereign XLS 90 Natural Gas Grill with Side Burner and Rear Rotisserie Burner Review
There is a lot of competition in the market when it comes to grills. You have different brands and models that all offer different features, but some just stand out more than others. Broil King 988847 Sovereign XLS 90 Natural Gas Grill with Side Burner and Rear Rotisserie with Side Burner and Rotisserie is the perfect choice for those who enjoy and love to grill.
Broil King 988847 Sovereign XLS 90 Natural Gas Grill Specifications:
- 4 stainless steel Dual-Tube burners
- Durable cast aluminum oven helps provide even heat distribution, is durable and will never rust
- Stainless Steel Cooking Grids
- Dual-Tube Burners
- Full Heat Control
- Natural Gas Grill with 50,000-BTU burner, 10,000-BTU side burner, and 18,000-BTU rotisserie
- 1000 square inches total cooking space included 600 square inches primary cooking space
- Adjustable burner valves; heat partitions; thermometer; Stainless steel Flav-R-Wave cooking system reduces flare-ups
- Linear-Flow valves with 180-degree Sensi-Touch control knob
- Sure-Lite ignition system; cast-aluminum oven; drop-down side shelves; rotisserie kit included
- Measures approximately 70 by 22 by 51 inches; limited lifetime warranty
I am an avid griller. If only I could prepare all of my meals using my grill I would. There’s just something about the meat having that charcoal taste that I love so much. That is why I was so disappointed after my grill gave out on me just after I bought 5 years ago.
I wanted to buy a replacement as soon as possible, but I wanted to make sure that the next grill I purchase will make me happy as well as last longer than my previous one. So I did a little bit of homework trying to find a grill that is perfect for me, then I found the Broil King 988847 Sovereign XLS 90 Natural Gas Grill.
The Broil King 988847 Sovereign XLS 90 Natural Gas Grill with Side Burner and Rear Rotisserie Burner just seemed so perfect for me. Since I usually have friends and relatives come over, the 1000 square inch cooking area was just what I was looking for. But with the cooking area of this size, I was a little worried about the meat being cooked unevenly.
Then I was told about the 50,000-BTU stainless steel burner systems which consist of Dual-Tube burners that produce heat evenly. That means I can grill enough food to cover the entire cooking area, and not have to worry about some food items not getting cooked evenly.
Drippings are also vaporized with the use of the unique Flav-R-Wave cooking system, infusing food with authentic barbecue flavor, and at the same time reduce flare-ups. The broil King Sovereign is also equipped with a premium rotisserie kit that can handle large roasts, chicken, and even turkey.
I actually had second thoughts before I purchased the Broil King 988847 Sovereign XLS 90 Natural Gas Grill with Side Burner and Rear Rotisserie Burner. I couldn’t believe a grill like this would cost much less than the others that are almost similar. I just took my friend’s word for it since he owns a Broil King as well and he said it still works great though he’s had it for years.
Now it has been more than a year since I bought my Broil King 988847 Sovereign XLS 90 Natural Gas Grill with Side Burner and Rear Rotisserie Burner. And after a lot of grilling and barbecuing, the Broil King Sovereign has worked amazingly, even exceeding way past my expectations.
Broil King 988847 Sovereign XLS 90 Natural Gas Grill with Side Burner and Rear Rotisserie Burner at a Glance:
All in all, I am very satisfied with this griller. I would definitely recommend it to all the avid grillers out there.
Regardless of which model you choose, Solaire features an impressive list of standard features and is built to exceed commercial specifications. Solaire grills have more than a dozen models to select from. You can bolt-down post or in-ground post this Solaire 27″ GIRXL.
The following are its list of features and reasons why this product may be good for you.
Solaire 27 Inch Deluxe All Infrared Natural Gas Grill On Bolt Down Post – SOL-IRBQ-27GIRXL-BDP-NG Specifications
- two infrared burners
- infrared rotisserie burner
- 32,000 BTU/hr
- Includes rotisserie motor, spit, forks, a counterweight
- 542 sq in total grilling area
- Stainless steel burners with ceramic infrared
- Pushbutton rapid-start electronic ignition
- All stainless steel construction with heli-arc welded seams and no mechanical fasteners
- Solaire Deluxe All Infrared Gas Grill On Post features commercial 304 grade, 18 gauge.
- Stainless steel V-grilling grids to enhance flavor and reduce flare-ups
- The 304 grade stainless steel construction resists rust and corrosion
- Removable stainless steel warming rack and drip tray
- Limited lifetime warranty
The two infrared main burners at 32,000 BTU/hr (IRBQ-27GIRXL) can be easily converted from infrared burner to convection burner for InfraVection benefits. Its 542 sq. in. The total grilling area will let you cook a feast. This model has an impressive list of standard features and is built to exceed commercial specifications.
“Twice the Flavor in Half the Time” isn’t just a catch-phrase, it’s a fact with Solaire infrared technology. These grills will produce food to rival anything you’ve ever tasted, in a fraction of the time you’re used to spending.
With all the advantages featured in this product, plus its warranty, you will never go wrong in buying Solaire 27″ 32,000 BTU Pedestal Mounted Infrared Grill – SOL-AGBQ-27GIRXL. The best thing is the employment of infrared that seals up the juices of your meat when grilling and it adds flavor to your feast.
The infrared and the convection burners cover a full range of heat settings to compliment your personal style of grilling. Whatever is your preferred cooking, this model can sure work perfectly for you.
ProFire Grill products are made in the USA. The Profire Professional Series 36-inch Infrared Hybrid Propane Grill with Rotisserie has a beautiful appearance and is offering a precision engineered and constructed of quality materials.
The ProFire Professional Series 36-inch Infrared Hybrid Propane Grill with Rotisserie can make a scenic view on your patio or barbeque yard. ProFire Professional grills are also offering a lifetime warranty on its stainless steel grill housing, stainless steel burners, stainless steel cooking grids, stainless steel portable carts, stainless steel housing on side burners and all stainless steel island accessories are warranted as long as the original owner has the grill.
ProFire Professional Series 36-Inch Infrared Hybrid Propane Gas Grill with Rotisserie Specifications
- Model: PF36RIH-P + PF36SSCBP
- Stainless steel burners offer long-lasting performance
- 36″ cart with LP tank slide-out drawer and 2 stainless steel fold-down shelves
- The 16 gauge stainless steel cooking grates.
- Commercial-Grade Stainless Steel Flavor Plates
- 714 square inch cooking surface
- A heavy-duty stainless steel rotisserie motor supports up to 50 lbs.
- Lifetime Stainless Steel Burners
- Electronic Multiple Spark Ignition Dual Purpose Thermometer
- Stainless Steel Smoker Tray is Standard on the PF Series
- Infra-Roast® Rotisserie Burner
- Ceramic infrared burner adds extra high heat for searing steaks and chops
- 3 controlled grilling zones with four 11,000 BTU stainless steel burners, and a 32,000 BTU ceramic infrared searing zone that push 76,000 BTUs of total cooking power on the grilling surface, and an 11,500 BTU Infra-Roast rotisserie burner.
- Commercial-Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- with LP Gas Grills and includes LP Tank Slide-out Drawer
Infra-Roast® Rotisserie Burner
The infrared rear burner heats up fast to quickly put a seal around meats for juicier and moister results.
Unique design flavor plates distribute heat evenly over the entire cooking surface and produce that great outdoor barbecue flavor while providing flair-up proof cooking. The durable 16- gauge stainless steel flavor plates are self-cleaning, easy to maintain and exclusive on the PF series.
ProFire Grill Lids
All ProFire grill lids have 2 layers of heavy-duty stainless steel that prevent heat loss and keep the outer lid cooler. The PF series sports a seamless lid that is accented with a polished mirror finish.
These products are made in the USA so you can have the assurance of its quality, unlike the ones that are made in china that which you can buy at a very cheap price but it may cause you injuries or might burn your house. If you are looking for a grill that goes beyond its beautiful appearance, this is the one for you.
The ProFire Professional Series 36-inch Infrared Hybrid Propane Grill with Rotisserie has been constructed and engineered of quality materials. The company is also offering long-term performance and a lifetime of reliable use. You will never go wrong with buying this product.
The Fire Magic Aurora Series offers great value by combining high-performance gas barbeque grill models and versatility without the extreme price tag as the higher end grill series. The Fire Magic Aurora Series is the medium size that offers many of the same features as the best grills on the market. and is designed to provide tremendous versatility while grilling–an unbeatable combination. This grill configuration features an analog thermometer, all conventional burners, an integrated rotisserie, and has been designed for use with natural gas. If you are looking for a push-type cart grill with a large actual primary cooking surface, the Fire Magic Gas Grills Aurora A540 30-inch Natural Gas Grill With Analog Thermometer And Single Side Burner may work for you.
- Freestanding natural gas grill on cart
- Aurora 540 has 540 square inches of cooking space
- Heavy-duty 304 stainless steel construction for superior durability and luxury aesthetics
- Cast stainless steel “E” burners capable of up to 30,000 BTU each
- 18,000 BTU back burner and (2) side shelves–one features a 15,000 BTU side burner
- 16 gauge stainless steel flavor grids
- Multiple product configurations available to suit individual needs
- Analog Thermometer, Rotisserie, and Single Side Burner
- Overall dimensions: 30.87 x 47 x 62.75 inches
- Weight: 325 pounds
- Model: A540s-6EAN-62
The Fire Magic Aurora A540 has a total cooking area of 540 square inches. It has cast stainless steel E burners power independently controlled cooking zones.
The Fire Magic Aurora A540 is of great value to your money, made of quality materials. If your place would look better with a portable cart type grill rather than a built-in island grill, this model may work for you. And this model is safe to use. You need not be a real chef in order to cook great food. This grill will do wonders for your feast.
Thanks for visiting The Best Infrared Grills Reviews, we hope we helped you with your quest for the best gas grill!
Please go through the zaatarnw shop for reviews of the product to gain more insight into the product. You can also buy this Best Infrared Grill directly from the official product website.
View more Infrared Grills on Amazon.com, the best choice for you